Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hallooooooooooooooooo!

Boy do I feel guilty!

i have thought many times over the past few weeks that i might as well just delete this blog as i rarely write anyway which leads me to think that noone could possibly still be reading either.

All is well :O)

I just can't be bothered writing!

Hmmmm I can't even remember what i last wrote about.

Baby stuff? We decided to put our plans on hold again for a little while longer while we organise private health insurance and wait out the 3-4-5 month buffer zone. It was a bit disappointing but it feels like the right thing to do because there is a really fantastic private hospital near us that has very low intervention rates and has a birth philosophy that feels right to me. They are also one of the only hospy's in my state that encourages water births which is something that i have always been drawn too. i have always been a water baby and have spent hours in the bath or sitting on the floor of the shower over the years, i find it comforting and soothing. So the thought of even labouring in water is really appealing to me.

We are also waiting for another one of our monthly expenses to be completed so we have the extra money.

Grace is so amazing, she was supposed to move up into the next level at swim class but unfortunately we are unable to make that session-so she will just stay in the same class this semester.

I am well :O)
have been on uni holidays and it's almost over. I feel glad to get back into it because I have been feeling a bit bored. I will be doing a nutrition elective next semester and am really excited about it.i think it will tie in really well with my ED background/study focus. I had a sneak peak at the text am itching to get into it. The macro nutrient content of foods is fascinating to me.

After so many years of dieting madness knowing all about calories and blah blah blah it's interesting to learn the important stuff about the good things that foods can do for our body.when you are starving yourself these details kind of get lost in the wayside.

I have been on a vegetable love affair right now. I had hated broccoli for as long as I could remember and just the other day I had the bright idea to try it raw in a salad.Now I can't get enough of the stuff and it feels so good to enjoy something that i know is so good for me.Yay for green veg!

I think part of my aversion to some vegies has been the awful way my mum used to boil the bageebers out of them. I felt a bit weird eating them raw as a side the other night-but then I thought about the principles of IE and i figured if that's how I prefer my vegies then why shouldn't I eat them that way?

I'm also in love with pumpkin and blue cheese dip-funnily enough so is miss grace!

Hayd is well. He has a week off around grace's b'day so we are trying to plan a mini holiday. I was so surprised to find that even in off season places were booked out months in advance.Bummer huh?

I am going to be a bridesmaid-matron of honour to be exact! Just between you and me I have to be one of the most reluctant bridesmaids ever-the thought of even a tiny pinch of the limelight makes me want to run up the aisles shrieking! Grace has been asked to be a flowergirl so that is pretty darn sweet! Ugh lord knows what hideous dress i will have to wear.

um, um ,um, this is a rambling long post but i am struggling to remember all I had to tell you. I almost sent you guys some great youtube videos to watch the other day but laziness got the better of me.

Sharon & Ross : if you ever manage to read this you will be happy to know that Grace and I have made great use of the presents you sent to us this winter. The 'gator' shirt has been my nighttime friend for weeks and Grace's disney princess number has almost become too short in the arms! I can't believe it's been that long! I've also found an american foodstuffs supplier and guess what? they have canned pumpkin...huzzah!

Sorry everyone else-trying to communicate with everyone all at once. The online american food store looks soooo cool. Hayd and i want to grab a bundle of american sweeties and experience obesity the old fashioned way-bring on the peanut butter cups i say!

Now look at this lovely long post-i'm a star!

sending love and many bad blogger apologies to all

xoxoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Kate said...

It's so so so good to read a post from you, I've missed you!!

Anonymous said...

I was so excited, I check regularly for updates and missed a few days cause we were away and what do you know. Hooray you've updated.
kym