Monday, July 7, 2008

I think i finally found the one!













I have spent the last month searching endless sites trying to find the right place for our holiday in August. We considered doing the whole Gold Coast theme park deal, we considered going further to the whitsundays etc, we considered going to the snow.......but in the end we found the perfect place pretty close to home.






People laugh at us when we holiday on the sunshine coast, because we live here but it is such a beautiful place and whilst we live here we do not live in a luxury penthouse on the beach or in a mansion on the river-we live in a rather modest older home with a teeny tiny bathroom and dodgy lino in thelounge.






Haydn only has a week off this time because he has more holidays booked for October so staying close to home means we can enjoy every day rather than having to factor in extra time and money for travel.






So anyways I looked and looked-literally at hundreds of properties including hotels, tourist parks, b&bs, cottages, farm stays etc etc and it was amazing the vast difference in accommodation types at the same price point.It pays to do your research people!






I found a stunning holiday home in Tinbeerwah (which is a little more rural) and fell in love with it, but Hayd reminded me of the logistics and reality of a four year old cyclone we will have with us who also happens to be the birthday girl so with a slightly heavy heart I decided to keep looking.I might have to post the link because the house really was special and very charming.I would happily move in there!






Late last night after many many pages on STAYZ I was just about to go to bed and i found it.Comparable pricewise to our favourites and very suitable for our needs yet still luxurious.Huzzah! Haydn had started to get very frustrated with me because I had looked at so many that were booked already, he had started to worry that we would miss out due to my pedantic research and indecision.






In my defence though it had to be perfect,we don't get to go away often and we were prepared to spend a relatively large some of money for a relatively short amount of time-i didn't want to regret my choice later and feel like it wasn't worth it!






sooooooooo.......drumroll please!



OOps for some reason the pictures came up really small? but hopefully you get the idea. The property has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms , great entertaining areas, plunge pool, beautiful spa in main bedroom ensuite and I believe a spa bath in another, gorgeous big family kitchen, and is in a great position with the noosa river only metres away with views from many parts of the house and balinese style garden.
I love the style of the furnishings it is stylish but very relaxed and family oriented plus the finishes on the bathroom, kitchens etc look like lovely quality. Some places we looked at were ultra modern and very swish but they also looked a bit cold like a show home rather than somewhere you could relax and enjoy. The big old couch kinda sold me as I have seen waaaaaaaaaaay to many white suites over the last few days and have thought what a bloody nightmare for children!
Anyways so fingers crossed this is the one. I still have to show Hayd and then get in contact with the booking office.It is available but I'm not sure about the finer details regarding renting holiday houses etc because we have always stayed at resorts and hotels. I have been anxiously awaiting an email from the estate agent all day.
Wish me luck!
xox


1 comment:

Kate @ Loving Life said...

oooh! hope you get it! I wish we were holidaying there too! where was it?

We loved the sunshine coast MUCH better than the gold coast. We're weighing up the finances at the moments, stef really wants to go north again at the end of the year again. Would you be available this time?! ;)