Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hallo lovelies!

I'm getting so excited about our holiday!!!!!!! Only 5 days to go..............

After 2 days of feeling really heavy-headed and sleepy, today I woke up bright eyed and excited :-) I feel like we still have a lot to do and it will be mostly up to me because Hayd only has one day off between now and then. We are using that day to go to the library and DVD store to stock up for our holiday. I can't wait to spend some time lying on the beach with a good book.

I'm having a small dilemma though re Grace's b'day. Her b'day actually falls on the day we have to leave which is a little sad but I feel like the whole week will be very fun for her,full of treats and the things she loves. But about the cake......

I wanted to do something special for her as we always have but we won't really have time at the holiday house and when we get home things are going to be a lil crazy as we will have all our stuff to unpack and MIL has decided to come and see Grace for her b'day (((grrrrr great timing)))).

I thought about having one earlier in the week but I feel like she should have one on her birthday too :O( But to be honest the last think i am going to want to do when we get home is rush around and bake a cake with MIL about to land on our doorstep and all the other stuff we have to do. So I thought about buying one but that makes me feel like a crap mum-making the cake is a special thing and i dont want to palm it off to someone else.

Any suggestions?

I have been stalking the extended weather forecast and wouldn't you know it showers have been predicted for exactly the weekend we go away. Blue skies and sunshine until then of course! Haha, I think it is supposed to be fine after that so fingers crossed.

Anyways just wanted to pop in for a quick chat

xoxo

1 comment:

Kate said...

Haha, so I've got Body Love and Holiday Envy.. hehe.

Exciting, a holiday will be great!

Re: the cake.. the recipe I use freezes really well, and I often make it a few days in advance (I'm pretty sure a week or so would be fine too) and then get it out of the freezer and ice it. It doesn't last as long afterwards, but it usually seems fine. That could be an option?

Otherwise maybe wait for a day or so when you get home and let the special treat be her helping you bake it and decorate, kids LOVE that!