Friday, August 1, 2008

Lovely

Today has been a lovely day!
I always dread the weekends that Haydn works because they seem to drag on forever and I feel lonely and bored. I was determined today to enjoy the time alone with grace rather than wishing it away..

So we did painting this morning on the front verandah. I think the beautiful weather we have had these pastfew days has contributed to my pleasant mood,the sky and the ocean are a clear deep blue, the sun is warm and the breeze is fresh. It was lovely to sit with my favorite girl listening to her chatter away and watch the ocean. Picture perfect!

Then I noticed my fav sunny spot on our back porch was looking lovely so we packed the paints away, hung our pictures on the line downstairs and vacated to the back to chase the sunshine. I made a lovely coffee & grabbed a stack of recipe magazines and sat in the sunshine feeling inspired and listening to Grace tell me the many reasons why she doesn't like salad.

Then we got hungry so we dragged a big blanket into the yard (again chasing the sun!) and I made Grace a sandwich and tucked into my own vegetable curry left over from last night. What is it about rich curries and stews that makes them taste so much better after a night in the fridge? yum yum yummy!

Now I feel sleepy from all the sun and am just about ready to curl up for an afternoon nap!

xoxo

1 comment:

Kate @ Loving Life said...

What a lovely account of your day, chasing the sun! Beuatiful post, enjoy your nap attack (as we call them!).

K xx