Thursday, August 14, 2008

We leave tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!

I'm not sure if i could be more excited. Quality time with Haydn and Grace is so precious to me I can't describe it. I love spending time together doing the things we love as a family-it's the best!!

Am also looking forward to a little luxury ;)
Our house is modest-to say the least. It's old with dodgy plumbing and windows that don't shut properly, no hallways, teeny tiny bathroom meant for single file only, awful kitchen with 1970's cupboards and no bench space........but it has character and ocean views and I do love it :O)

It's just nice every now and again to stay somwhere sparkly and new with modcons and little luxuries that make life easier.

I am still not packed. We realised that we don't have enough luggage for 8 days worth of stuff so we are waiting on my baby sis to lend us hers. Meanwhile I am making "piles" all over the house of the things we need to take. It has been a constant battle to keep Grace out of it and stop her adding to/taking from the pile.

Ok sharon, Kate- will buy a cake! I know it's silly but it's just one of those little things that are important to me as a mum. It was something that always made me feel nurtured as a child...picking out the cake from the woman's weekly cookbook and mum preparing it for me just like the picture. It made me feel very special and important on my big day and the whole process holds fond memories for me. But Grace is easily pleased and I have plenty more birthdays to bake for. We are having a little party in a couple of weeks time so I will probably bake something then ;)

We went and bought some gifts for her to open (toys to keep her ocupied while we are away) and I am really happy with what we chose. We bought lots of games and activities that we can do together as a family and lots of things that will get us outdoors and running about. We bought her a hula hoop which was a lovely bit of nostalgia. i almost bought two-one for me as well, but haydn wouldn't let me.lol.

It was lovely to talk to you on the phone the other day Kate. I'm so glad you liked your surprise-you are ever so gracious and it makes it even more worth while.

The weather is looking lovely-still darn windy though which makes me think we are going to freeze getting in and out of the pool. Hopefully we can make a mad dash to our lovely warm rooftop jacuzzi afterwards....bliss!

Hmmm I'm really just babbling here....I think I'm just trying to pass some time and avoid the packing nightmare that has taken over our house. Hopefully i will be back soon with many pictures and adventures to share

xoxoxoHave a great week everyone!xoxoxoxox



1 comment:

Ross said...

I think I'm going to change my nationality. It's been forever since I logged on to your blog and when I did you were getting ready to go on holiday. You Aussies know how to relax.